Wednesday, August 3, 2011
But don't worry! I've got a new blog and it's even better. This time, I will be focusing on landscape design, gardening, plants, graphic design, and other fun design inspiration. I'll be posting more regularly and will be having guest bloggers, interviews, giveaways, and more.
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Sunday, May 1, 2011
Monday, April 18, 2011
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
The Drifter and the Gypsy- The mood is amazing. You have to visit this one.
Aimee Sicuro- Her artwork is so inspirational and vibrant!
All the Beautiful Things- Lovely pastels, soft delicate things. I love it.
Bloom, Grow, Love- by Photographer Alicia Bock
Design is Mine: Isn't it Loevly?- Oh But of course!
Design Sponge- Can't live without this one either!
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Friday, January 28, 2011
Here's a sneak peak:
Monday, January 10, 2011
Friday, January 7, 2011
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Monday, January 3, 2011
art by Marie-Chantale Turgeon
- Be more gentle with myself and give myself more freedom for mistakes. Afterall, life is an exploration.
- Be more bold.
- Eat less sugar. I'm usually pretty good at this, but the holiday season really got to me. It's not that I eat that much sugar compared to most Americans, but I can feel it making my brain foggy and it's just not that good for me!
- Drink more water.
- Take more time for activities that bring presence and stability into my life.
- Focus more on one thing at a time. I'm the queen of multi-tasking and it's starting to take a toll on my productivity in a negative way.
- Become more postive and attract more of what I want in my life.
- Appreciate everything more!
- Get more business minded. Take care of all the business aspects that I hate dealing with. Time logs, licensing, accounting, taxes, marketing (although I like this).
- Make business cards and fliers. Drop them off at local places.
- Add more products to both my Etsy shops. I have some exciting ideas in mind!
- Communicate more with other bloggers. I think this one is really important for two reasons. First, it's important that we support each other and I want to let others know how much I appreciate them. Second, I'd love to get my work more publicity and it would be great to be published on a well known blog someday.
- Be more consistent with my blog posts and more deliberate about producing posts that get people inspired!
- I'd like to submit some of my work to magazines in the hopes of being published. If anyone has suggestions for this I would love to hear them.
- Become more involved in fPOE (Female Photographers of Etsy).
- Talk to more people. Be more outgoing. This is huge for me because I am very shy around new people and I hate starting conversation. It's so hard but I know I need to push myself and create some real and meaningful relationships.
- Get my work into a gallery, shop, or cafe.
- Get out from behind the computer and spend more time with friends, face to face.
- Be more present in my relationships, expecially during conversations. I have wandering-mind-syndrome.
- Be more focused on helping others. Give more. Love more.
- Listen better.
- Communicate better. Make less assumptions. Be more upfront.
- Send more hand written notes to distant friends.
- Inject more fun into my relationships.
I may just have to add more as I think of them, but for now these are the big ones. Do you have a list of your resolutions? I'd love to hear them. Feel free to post them in the comments or provide a link to them.
Thanks friends, for all your support!
January started out rather uneventful yet a little rough. I continued to work my engineering job, run my etsy shops, create, and rock-climb. I worked on mending my heart from a couple of past relationships.
In February I started talking with a wonderful man (let's call him D) who, little did I know, would become the love of my life.
March came around and I met D on Saint Patrick's Day for a little rock-climbing and food. After that our relationship began to blossom.
April begins a gorgeous spring in the desert. Rock-climbing and my first "Beanfest" at Cochise Stronghold in Southern Arizona. D was the "Beanmaster." For all of you who have never heard of it, it's a big party of rock-climbers who get together for great food (including lots of beans), tons of climbing, unfortunate amounts of tequila as well as the ritualistic beaning of each participant. Go to your tent with beans on your head or risk retribution! :)
May brought a trip to San Diego: cold dips in the Pacific, fish tacos, artsy towns, Balboa Park, old friends, and camping by the ocean. The best trip to San Diego ever.
In June we took a trip to New Orleans to visit D's family. I loved that city!
More climbing in July, along with a visit from my mom.
Big changes in August with a move to the rural parts of southern Arizona (although still working in Tucson part-time). Adjusting to living 30 minutes from everything has been a little hard, but a great experience. I love the amazing mountain views, incredible 360 degree sunsets, proximity to my favorite Arizona town - Bisbee, lots of land for gardening, the incredible stars, and the peace and quiet. We also took another trip in August to Michigan, where I took D to my most favorite place in the world, Leland.
September brings cooler weather and a little trip to Sedona.
In October my mom moved to Phoenix, yay! We also got a puppy from the pound.
Lazy days in November. More rock-climbing and another Beanfest. We also started a lifestyle photography business, Twin Satori Photography.
December came so quickly and is already over! We had a great holiday season with a trip from D's parents and a few lovely visits from my mom. D and I had our first Christmas together and a magical end to the year.